The Platinum Chapter in partnership with Sanlam Sky and the
Centre for Occupational and Wellness Services (Health1st) invites Wellness Practitioners to attend a Professional Development Workshop.
THEME: -Psychological Readiness for Employees to return to
the Workplace (HPCSA and SACSSP Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Accredited Workshop)
Date: 1st July 2022
Start Time: 09:00
Venue: Alice Lane Sandton (Sanlam Sky Offices)
RSVP: Dibuseng Khunwane before 27th June 2022
Tel: 082 959 8725
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Prior to the pandemic, the Employee Health and Wellness industry was almost reliant upon praconers providing face to face intervenons with minimal focus on virtual intervenons. Following the pandemic all this changed, leaving many wellness professionals not being able to execute their dues diligently due to remote work, inadequate resources, technology, etc. Consequently, this has taken toll on the short and long-term mental health of many as well as the relevance of health and wellness programme to provide both reacve and proacve intervenons during the pandemic.
The programme/workshop scope inter alia includes, but not limited to:
- Defining Psychological readiness
- The Return to Work: Employer Preparations Versus Employee Exceptions
- How did we get here and how relevant were EWP services?
- How do we react psychologically to a pandemic and other life challenges/crises and how can we support our clients beer?
- Mental Health Continuum in the context of Returning to Work
- Characteristics of people and how they feel during the pandemic and challenging times-role of Wellness practitioners
- People’s reactions to stress and anxiety and support services provided through wellness programs
- Mental Health and Return to work barrier assessment
- Redefining the role and relevance of Employee Wellness Practitioners in the context of Crisis/pandemic
- Returning to work often requires an adjustment period-tips for the wellness practitioners
- How remote work has affected people’s mental health and what affects this might have at work and how practitioners can mitigate the psychological impact.
Facilitator: Prof. Solomon Rataemane
President: African Association of Psychiatrists and Allied Professions
President: African Association of Psychiatrists and Allied Professions 2014 – 2017), Chairperson of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Mental Health in South Africa, 2015-2020, Member of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Mental Health in South Africa-2022. International Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, Chair of department of psychiatry at SMU 2003 – 2019, Secretary General of World Association for Psycho-social Rehabilitation from 2014 -2020 , Central Drug Authority of South Africa (Deputy Chair 1995-2000; Chair 2000-2005), WPA Zone 14 Representative and Board Member (2008 – 2014), Chair of Conflict Management and Conflict Resolution Section of WPA (2011 – 2017) Secretary General: World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (2015 – 2021), Secretary General WAPR 2014-2020, Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, HOD Psychiatry 2003-2019, UFS HOD 1998-2003, Dept of Psychiatry, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University 2003-2019, Chair MDB