While most of us are still basking in the record breaking success of our Eduweek in Nelson Mandela Bay, and the warmth of our legacy celebration and book launch, the EAPA-SA board is gearing up for the next term, with its strategic planning session in November.
The board has been blessed with a collective of diverse and dedicated leaders who have proved their mettle in past projects. Portfolios will change, but rest assured that each board member’s passion and commitment to excellence remains unchanged.
In my own vision for EAPA-SA I see:
- A board and chapters as EAP guardians with sound governance, who are responsive to the needs of our members.
- Membership that is truly representative of EA/WP practice in South Africa today.
- Vibrant chapters and social media platforms for members to be heard and to participate in EAPA-SA activities.
- Recognition of members, service providers and work organisations through accreditation and certification.
- A driving role in the EAP education and training environment so that we expand from CDP to EAP qualifications that are recognised by our NQF.
- Strong partnerships with stakeholders and our fellow African EAP cohort.
I believe in leadership through service. In the words of Max de Pree, iconic American businessman and leader, “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” I look forward to being of service to you over the next term in my capacity as EAPA-SA President.
Yours in service