Please peruse the details below and if you are interested in applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2017.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Office Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for maintaining the relationships with allocated current membership and proactively supporting the designated board member portfolios in order to deliver agreed services to members according to set EAPA standards. Ensure that the office manager presents themselves in a manner consistent with our mission, our position in the market and our high standards of quality and professionalism.
Countdown for Applications
- Manage existing member relationships to optimise member retention.
- Keep abreast of all developments in terms of EAP, and related fields, i.e. HIV/AIDS, trauma Management, Globalisation and market competition.
- Proactively support the designated Portfolios to manage existing projects.
- Create and maintain office processes to facilitate efficiency within the office.
- Build effective relationships with members, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Build appropriate internal relationships at all levels to enable the delivery of a seamless customer service.
- Provide a support point of contact for the member in the absence of the board members.
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required.
- Co-ordinate and support the membership intake, designation and SAQA processes.
- Ensure that employee presents to the members in a manner consistent with our mission, our position in the market place and our high standards of quality and professionalism.
- To provide personal assistant support (such as drafting and typing of memos and letters, telephone calls, and travel arrangements) as and when required and as agreed with designated board members.
- Support the conference process through liaison with relevant service providers, such as the events coordinator or the auditors, and regional chapter managers when necessary.
- Organise and implement meeting for board when required.
- Manage overflow of when absolutely necessary
- To carry out any other relevant work related duties as required by EAPA board as and when required
- Communicates clearly and openly with all levels of staff in the line (verbally and non-verbally).
- Knows how to question and probe for information – Asks the right questions at the right time in the right way.
- Profit: EAPA and individual portfolio budget is below or equal to budget while contributing towards the profit of the NPO. As this assists with the running of the organisation.
- Information: All board management and member information is compiled accurately and timeously.
- Quality: Internal board satisfaction levels regarding account management specified criteria – meet or exceed service expectations
- Quality: External member satisfaction levels regarding services specified criteria – meet or exceed service expectations
WHAT SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE
- Observable skills/competence proficiency at the internal client interface – no come-backs or complaints.
- Improved customer service (internal & external).
- Improved systems and structures in terms of administration component
- Development and growth of own skills via own initiative
- Development and growth of skills and knowledge via organisation and/or on the job training
- Professional and quality orientated approach to work
- Pays attention to detail/methodical approach
- Customer focused.
- Can develop and sustain mature working relationships.
- Open to change.
- Aware of impact of own actions on workload of others and the business (self responsibility)
- Ability to see the big picture
- Recognises own boundaries and limitations and take personal responsibility for managing these.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure
Ability to do multi tasking in terms of set standards
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Relevant tertiary qualification to understand and engage with business principles/practices.
Technical/ Industry Specific
- Is computer literate
- Good administrative skills
- Has knowledge and understanding of EAP’s
- Excellent English speaking and writing abilities
- Excellent telephone manner
- Preferable: Two (2) years working experience in HR/ customer/client services /social work degree with 3 years working experience.
- Sociable – Enjoys working with people
- Democratic – Encourages other perspectives and contributions, maintains a bias-free approach to situations and people.
- Empathetic – Puts himself/ herself in other people’s shoes, seeks to understand the contexts and opinions of others.
- Detail conscious – Seeks to gather all the relevant information to ensure informed decision making and an appropriate action plan.
- Conscientious – Is particular about follow through and ensuring that deadlines are adhered to & problems are addressed.
- Flexible – Is open to and is able to cope with change, is able to deal with ambiguity as a result of change.
- Achievement orientated – Drives performance improvement initiatives in partnership with the business.
- Controlling – Takes charge of situations/ projects, ensuring that performance related problems are addressed and targets are met within deadline.