EAPA SA and the EAPA-Ikhala Chapter cordially invites you to the CPD Session
Venue: Chiselhurst, East London, Department of Human Settlements
Date: 15 AUGUST 2019: 08H00 – 14H30
Arrival and Registrations : 08h30 -09h00
Occupational Health: Dr Mnyanda : 09h00 -10h00
Trauma Management: Kempie van Rooyen : 10h00 -13h00
Self Management and resilience: Ms Verlaine Els: 13h00 –14h00
Meditation: Lebo Mopeli : 14h00 –14h25
Group Photo and Departure : 14h30
Theme: “Nurturing passionate, gifted and talented IKHALA minds”
- Director at Philani Proactive Solutions
- Co-founder of Ikhwezi Lokusa Wellness Centre
- Nominated to present an abstract poster on HIV /VCT campaign for Daimler Chrysler in 2005.
- Worked with DaimlerChrysler SA to received a 5-star NOSA rating and the NOSCAR award.
- Conducted medical surveillance for Red
- Currently doing occupational health for Transnet and Portnet in East London as a locum doctor.
- Involved in the training of staff on MDR-TB and XDR-TB
- Management as well as HIV/Aids Management.
- I am currently running an asbestos clinic for the employees that were exposed to asbestos at EVERITE.
MEET: KEMPIE VAN ROOYEN
He is a chairperson of the Psychological Society of South Africa: Trauma and Violence Division since 2016. A clinical psychologist under the Department of Health since 2017. Between 2007 and 2017 he worked under the Nelson Mandela University as a lecturer band research associate. Between 2014 and 2015 he was employed by Juta Publishers as an Author.
MEET: VERLAINE ELS
Verlaine has a MA Soc.Sc (Clinical) from the University of Johannesburg (2008) and BA Soc.Sc HONS from the Rand Afrikaans University.
- Social Worker in Private Practice since January 2010 (Port Elizabeth & East London)
- Client Relationship Consultant (CRC) – Border Kei Region for CAREWAYS WELLNESS (now Life Employee Health Solutions) since June 2018
- Senior Social Worker – Open Arms Home for Children: May 2014 – December 2018 (Komga)
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) – National Tooling Initiative Programme (Coega): 2009 – 2014
- Therapist / Senior Social Worker – Shepherds Field Kibbutz (Port Elizabeth): 2012 – 2013
- Lecturer – Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (Port Elizabeth): 2012
- Senior Social Worker – Eastern Province Child & Youth Care Centre (Port Elizabeth): 2009
- Senior Social Worker – Abraham Kriel Childcare (Langlaagte, Johannesburg): 2006 – 2008
- Social Worker – Suid Afrikaanse Vrouefederasie (Germiston, Johannesburg): 2002 – 2006
- Internship: South African National Defence Force (SANDF) : 2002
MEET: LEBO MOPELI
Lebo has co-facilitated the secret sunrise experience in Eastern Cape and also practices meditation. she is an on air radio personality with Soul Drive with Lebo on Keithngesi Radio and she is also a contributing editor and writer for Dintshang Media.