The Directorate Registration and Recognition (DRR) of SAQA is responsible for the evaluation and processing of applications for recognition of professional bodies and registration of professional designations for the purposes of the NQF Act, no 67 of 2008.
The attached is a list of all the recognized professional bodies as advertised in the City Press newspaper of 16 September 2018.
See http://pbdesig.saqa.org.za/ for an updated list of approved Professional Bodies.
Benefits of being a SAQA recognised professional body:
- Recognition as trusted professional bodies through an Act of Parliament.
- Part of a national database of professional bodies that uphold high standards of competence and ethics.
- Registration of professional designations on the most comprehensive national database of learner achievements.
- Exposure to best practice through access to fora that improve professional bodies functions.
SAQA recognises a professional body if it:
- Complies with, and adheres to, good corporate governance practices.
- Protects the public interest in relation to services provided by its members.
- Promotes professional development of its members to meet their relevant designation requirements.
- Has a code of conduct for its members to adhere to.
- Does not apply unfair exclusionary practices in terms of membership admission.