TOPIC: “Calculating the Rate of Return on Investment of Employee Assistance Programmes”
This is a notice of a special meeting we are hosting and is brought to us by the Department of Social Work and Criminology of the University of Pretoria.
Date of Course: Wednesday 27 February 2019
Time: 9:00 – 13:00
ending off with light finger lunch
Venue: Metropolitan Health, du Cap – Building 6,
Mispel Street, Bellville
Lou Servizio and Flavia Pessoa from DMSG, Brazil –
Well-known experts in the fields of monitoring and evaluation and specifically Return on Investment in the EAP field.
Objective: Provide the necessary knowledge and skills to calculate the rate of return (ROI) on Employee Assistance Programs.
Who Should Attend:
- EAP Providers
- HR Personnel
- Benefits Managers
- Finance Department Managers
- Procurement and Personnel Responsible for Purchasing EAP´s
- Health Plan, Benefits Management and Brokerage Company Personnel
Topics to be Covered:
- What are the cost savings associated with EAP ́s (reduction in productivity losses, accidents, turnover, insurance premiums and/or medical costs) and how to calculate each;
- How to calculate the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Net Present Value (NPV) and how to apply each to investments in EAP ́s;
- How to determine the effectiveness of EAP ́s and how to determine breakeven PEPM ́s, utilization rates, and effectiveness rates; and
- How to quantify the financial benefit to employees in terms of savings in out of pocket provider expenses.
- The course is sponsored by the Department of Social Work and Criminology, University of Pretoria
- The course is hosted by Western Cape Chapter of EAPA-SA with Patrick Egan as contact person at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee of R 200 for non-members of EAPA-SA.
- RSVP before 22 February to: email@example.com
- Directions to the venue will be mailed to registered delegates.
- Please direct any administrative or logistical enquiries to – Patrick Egan
- Contact person in terms of course contents: Prof Lourie Terblanche – firstname.lastname@example.org