Pre- and post-retirement planning in a world with COVID-19
Date: 10 March 2020: 10am – 12pm
Content Focus Area: Socio psychological impacts /COVID/ Retirement Readiness/ Capital protection and Legacy.
At the beginning of 2020, could we ever have imagined how different our year would end, compared to how it started? The past 10 months have proven one thing – adaptation, adopting changes quickly and resilience are traits that we need to hone if we are to survive – and thrive – as humans and investors.
In the insurance and investment space, COVID-19 offered benefits such as premium holidays and reduced risk premiums. However, the bigger advantage was that the pandemic forced us think about retirement planning differently. We were hard-pressed to approach pre- and post-retirement planning in the context of unthinkable micro- and macro-economic challenges, global panic, uncertain markets and a pandemic that will be with us for some time to come.
- Over the past few months at Glacier, we have paid special attention to the investment and financial challenges that COVID-19 poses. We continue to enable intermediaries and clients to cope with the following themes:How to deal with retrenchment from a financial and investment perspective;
- How to deal with and adapt investment strategies in the context of reduced income caused by;
- The advantages and disadvantages of a salary freeze;
- Saving for retirement from the first day you start working – how to manage this in the context of employment and economic uncertainty;
- How focusing on investment profiles and the timing of your retirement can contribute to a stress-free post-retirement life;
- Pre-retirement planning and post-retirement income solutions;
- What you and your clients need to know about group risk benefits.
- How to be resilient during a pandemic/ crisis
- Adapting to change and standing above to lead,
- Mental and physical fitness during retirement.
Did you miss it? Re-watch it on Facebook
Our seminars are limited to 500 people.
If you do not manage to get into the seminar,
please watch the seminar live on our Facebook page.
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP
Sponsored by Sanlam
Stay updated with all the latest offerings from EAPA-SA
Mr Dinash Pillay
Sanlam: National Business Development Manager
Dinash joined Glacier as a national business development manager (BDM) in July 2018. In his current portfolio, he is the custodian for both the public and Private sector markets. Dinash has more than 23 years’ experience in the financial services industry. His career in financial services started at Alexander Forbes, after which he joined Metropolitan Odyssey, which later became MMI, as financial planner. Here Dinash held a number of management roles, and was responsible for tied agents and broker distribution in the affluent, middle and emerging middle market segments.
He has established strong relationships in both the Private and public sector’s middle market segment. Dinash has established strong relationships with labour unions, and has extensive experience of the Government Employees Pension Fund and Other Retirement fund in SA. He has rendered post-retirement member education services through financial wellness programmes in the both the public and private sector since 2006, Dinash has helped develop intermediaries(Financial Planners)_to add value to all clients in SA through excellent financial advice. Dinash`s Knowledge and experience of the Financial industry today adds value to all citizens of SA through Presentation and Financial workshops all over SA. Dinash holds a Certificate in Financial Planning and has completed all his Regulatory exams the RE 1 and RE 5. Dinash also collaborates in partnership with many other Wellness Practitioners ; Unions; Independent Brokers in delivering holistic financial education. Dinash is an Associate of the Financial Planning Institute.
1. Trade Union regional and National conferences;
2. Glacier Conference
3. Retirement conference regionally and nationally