Pre- and post-retirement planning in a world with COVID-19
Date: 10 March 2020: 10am – 12pm
Content Focus Area: Socio psychological impacts /COVID/ Retirement Readiness/ Capital protection and Legacy.
At the beginning of 2020, could we ever have imagined how different our year would end, compared to how it started? The past 10 months have proven one thing – adaptation, adopting changes quickly and resilience are traits that we need to hone if we are to survive – and thrive – as humans and investors.
In the insurance and investment space, COVID-19 offered benefits such as premium holidays and reduced risk premiums. However, the bigger advantage was that the pandemic forced us think about retirement planning differently. We were hard-pressed to approach pre- and post-retirement planning in the context of unthinkable micro- and macro-economic challenges, global panic, uncertain markets and a pandemic that will be with us for some time to come.
- Over the past few months at Glacier, we have paid special attention to the investment and financial challenges that COVID-19 poses. We continue to enable intermediaries and clients to cope with the following themes:How to deal with retrenchment from a financial and investment perspective;
- How to deal with and adapt investment strategies in the context of reduced income caused by;
- The advantages and disadvantages of a salary freeze;
- Saving for retirement from the first day you start working – how to manage this in the context of employment and economic uncertainty;
- How focusing on investment profiles and the timing of your retirement can contribute to a stress-free post-retirement life;
- Pre-retirement planning and post-retirement income solutions;
- What you and your clients need to know about group risk benefits.
- How to be resilient during a pandemic/ crisis
- Adapting to change and standing above to lead,
- Mental and physical fitness during retirement.
Register via our Mobile app
To receive this awesome seminar content free of charge, sponsored by Sanlam,
please download our app and register on there.
Mr Dinash Pillay
Sanlam: National Business Development Manager
Dinash Pillay is very much involved in all external client events.
He presents at all regional and national Retirement conference in South Africa hosted by Financial Planning practices. Dinash Pillay is a regular presenter at all Trade Union events at regional and National level.
Presenting since 2003 Dinash has the experience to speak at different levels and has mastered the simplicity of sharing technical information during a presentation of discussion.
1. Trade Union regional and National conferences;
2. Glacier Conference
3. Retirement conference regionally and nationally