EAPA-SA has created EduWeb, a new online education portal,
as part of their long term strategy as the leader in EAP Education.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our very popular annual Eduweek event will not take place in 2020. Instead our Association will provide online and virtual education options as a response to the changing landscape.
Our commitment is to our members and for them to acquire their CPD points and to keep our stakeholders abreast of developments in the EAP industry.
In the short term the theme will be focussed on Covid-19 Preparedness
Covid-19 Business Preparedness and Support of Employees
Covid-19 in the Workplace and Training for the new reality
Guidance for EAP Practitioners in the process of opening of the economy and workplaces
The structure of online education allows for the flexibility of adjusting themes per quarter/month or session – based on current events/trends.
Lessons from the frontline:
Learnings from EAP in the public and private sector during the COVID-19 pandemic
Psychological impacts on the workforce
Discrimination on positive Covid-19 cases, or the fear of
How has the South African workplace changed in unforeseen ways?
Digital has gone viral:
EAP implications for the rapid uptake of digital technology among workers over the national lockdown.
Confidentiality and COVID-19
Service Providers that were proactive – strategic positioning
Breaking the EAP mould – Traditional vs the New Normal:
Tele-counseling / Tele-therapy
Unlearning old habits
As a result of the pandemic, gatherings are currently prohibited and the move to online seminars and training is needed
to keep members and stakeholders abreast of developments in EAP.
Earn CPD Points: Stay on the forefront of digital and other developments in the industry
Regular, timeous updates from qualified speakers – on current events/trends
Flexibility of bookings – many options will be available to delegates (long-term training and once-off options)
Receive the same training benefits as Eduweek with a reduction in travel and accommodation costs
A water-shed opportunity for members and stakeholders to share their experiences and learnings around EAP in the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Collaborate with peers in other Provinces; across the PanAfrican memberships; and globally
Skills transfer and training in possibly new and different communication technologies
Knock-on positive effect and benefit to the industry using technology to provide and broaden EAP services
Our stakeholders can enjoy digital benefits as part of this new online education portal. Some of these benefits will include:
Hosting a seminar and welcoming the delegation
Our existing digital platforms will be utilised to create Sponsorship & Exhibition opportunities
Branding opportunities are available on all digital channels such as email, website, mobile app and the Seminar itself
Formats of Seminars
EduWeb seminars are flexible and can take shape in many different ways such as:
Plenary presentations with written Q&A – unlimited viewers
Small group workshops – allowing for delegates to speak up and interact without crowding
Panel discussions and debates with live Q&A from audience
EAPA-SA EduWeb Endeavours to:
- Challenge existing thinking, while continuing to provide proven strategies to develop and enhance an EA professional’s knowledge and understanding of the uniqueness of each workplace, in order to better serve both client companies and employees;
- Contribute to solutions and alternatives with respect to up-to-date and innovative interventions, assessments, and referrals as these pertain to employee/family identification, addictions and behavioural health in the workplace, with application to workplace issues resulting from:
- Substance abuse
- Behavioural addictions
- Mental health problems
- Disability management
- Demonstrate opportunities for collaboration with client organisations (which includes human resources, existing union bargaining units, occupational medicine, and/or organisational consultants);
- Prepare EA professionals for working with all variations of diverse employee populations – including the ageing employee, disability inclusion and LGBTQIA+- which requires cultural competence and expanded knowledge, skills and recognition of an ever-evolving and diverse workplace; and where the EA role encompasses working with the individual, as well in providing education and support for the manager and co-workers.
- Demonstrate EA role and EA service delivery in responding to, steering, and leading opportunities to advance workplace culture through EA knowledge and experience with diverse / special constituencies in the workplace, through disruptive event preparedness, and through an understanding of workplace, regulatory, and social norms.
- Introduce and demonstrate technology that has enhanced EA impact on the workplace. Outcome measures need to be provided.
- Provide a direct and measurable link to enhancing overall employee wellness and well-being, and organisational culture.
More Information will be published shortly
We are in the process of designing the seminars and the schedule and we will provide additional information shortly
If you are not already receiving our newsletters, sign up below