STEP 4: SPEAKER TERMS & CONDITIONS
As the lead presenter for your proposal, you must agree to the terms and conditions in order for your session to be included in the Eduweek programme. All terms of this Agreement apply to any additional presenters you may invite to participate.
1. LEAD PRESENTER / CHANGES – I acknowledge that I am the lead presenter for this session and will be EAPA-SA’s point of contact for all additional presenters, if any. As lead presenter, I understand that I am responsible for ensuring that EAPA-SA is provided accurate contact and biographical information for all presenters in my session. Any changes made in terms of speakers must be approved by EAPA-SA.
2.TECHNICAL AND AUDIO-VISUAL – I understand that EAPA-SA will provide the following technical and audio-visual equipment: one Windows-based computer (no personal computers may be used); one podium microphone; one wireless microphone for audience questions; one projector. If I have additional technical or audio-visual needs, they have been included in my proposal. I agree that if the item/s requested bear a cost for EAPA-SA, the organisers will communicate this cost in writing and will only be booked once I confirm that I will cover the cost. Audiovisual and Technical requirements may differ depending on the Session Type and Room. Please see Eduweek Format page for further information.
3. DEADLINE DATE FOR PRESENTATION MATERIALS – I agree to provide EAPA-SA my presentation materials no later than 05 August and to bring a copy of my audio-visual presentation with me at least one hour before my session on a USB flash drive.
4. PRINTING AND PUBLICISING – I understand that EAPA-SA will publicise and promote each session and presenter by including brief descriptions online, in the mobile programme app and in other marketing materials. EAPA-SA reserved the right to edit all descriptive and biographical information as needed.
5. PRESENTATION DATE – I agree to present the session as approved by the EAPA-SA Organising Committee at the date and time referenced by the acceptance email. I understand that EAPA-SA retains the right to change the date/time of the session.
6. TRAVEL EXPENSES – I understand that EAPA-SA does not provide honoraria, accommodation or reimburse travel expenses.
7. PRESENTATION MATERIAL – I agree that presentations may not be used to promote or sell products or services before, during, or after the session. I agree to present education material only.
8. PRESENTATION TIME – I agree to stick to the allocated time for my presentation and/or workshop. I understand that if I exceed the time allocation, that the facilitator will end my session to ensure that the rest of the programme is not affected.
9. MARKETING – I agree that I will only market my product/service/company for 2 minutes maximum before or after my presentation. No marketing will be included within the presentation. (unless I am discussing training or a tool for the field)
10. DEADLINE DATE FOR PRESENTATION MATERIAL SUBMISSION – I agree to provide all PowerPoint, video, audio, hand-outs and any other materials to be utilised during the session to EAPA-SA in electronic format by the materials deadline, 05 August. The powerpoint presentation font will be no smaller than size 16.
11. RESEARCH POSTER PRESENTATION – If I am presenting a Research Poster, I agree to deliver the poster to the organisers by no later than 10am the day before the Eduweek (05 September). I agree that my poster will be an A1 size, no larger, no smaller.
12. HAND-OUTS – If I require that hand-outs are to be distributed during the session:
12.1. I agree to provide my own printed copies of all materials distributed in the session.
12.2. I agree to provide printed copies of all materials to the organiser at least 12 hours before my presentation is due to take place, or on the morning of the day that I am to present, whichever is earlier.
13. DEFAULTING ON KEY DATES – I understand that if I am unresponsive to published key dates and other contact requests from EAPA-SA, my session may be replaced by an alternate session.
Speakers can attend the Eduweek sessions, on the day of their presentation, free of charge. Should the presenter/s wish to attend any other day of the conference programme, a discounted fee will be provided to you after you have registered online as a delegate.
These benefits are not transferrable.
If you have any questions, please contact us
Enov8 Event Management
Tel: 021 447 0321
Key dates for Speakers
30 May 2022: Open "Call for Papers"
30 June 2022: Deadline for Speaker Submissions (extended to 7 July 2022)
18 - 30 July 2022: Successful speakers are notified
22 August 2022: Speaker deadline to register online as a delegate
05 August 2022: Final date for submission of PowerPoint presentations to EAPA-SA
6-9 September 2022: EAPA-SA Eduweek 2022