STEP 3: TEN TIPS FOR APPLICATION SUCCESS
Thank you for your interest in presenting at The 22nd Annual EAPASA Eduweek 2022. With a limited number of speaking slots, the Organising Committee carefully considers the information provided in each proposal during the selection process.
How can you increase the chance your proposal will excite the Committee and earn a top spot in the rankings?
- Read all the information on this page before beginning the submission process.
- Customise your proposal content to work well for an online seminar – think about engaging the delegates on the other side of the screen.
- Review the theme and topics and customise your presentation to the one focus area that most closely matches the content of your presentation.
- Have a short, catchy and descriptive title. Titles over 85 characters will need to be shortened.
- Write and edit your proposal in the provided Word Document template, then cut and paste your text into the online submission form.
- Meet all the submission deadlines to ensure your seminar will receive the full benefit of the marketing available.
- Sell your proposal. In the Abstract field you have up to 500 words to give a broad description of the material you’d like to present. Use this to capture the imagination of the Committee. Use the second 100 word field, the Session Description, to draft what you’d like to see in the final marketing communications to attract your attendees to your session.
- Sell yourself! You know you’re an expert on your topic and an excellent presenter. But the Committee won’t know unless you tell us why you are the right person with the right topic to make EAPA-SA’s EduWeb the best online seminars. Use up to 200 words in the Biographical information related to the topic field, to stand out from the crowd. Use the 50 word Biography for Publication field to draft what you’d like to see about you in the final Programme.
- If you are going to include a co-presenter, be sure to send us your co-presenter information, including their 50 word bios for publication.
- The best written proposals have the best chance for success! Don’t forget to grammar check and spell check your submission.
Speakers can attend the Eduweek sessions, on the day of their presentation, free of charge. Should the presenter/s wish to attend any other day of the conference programme, a discounted fee will be provided to you after you have registered online as a delegate.
Please ensure the font you use in your presentation is easy to read and no smaller than font 16. We recommend using a simple font and avoid using script, cursive or italic fonts.
The rooms can be very large and we want everyone to be able to read your presentation
If you have any questions, please contact us.
EnOv8 Event Management
Tel: 021 447 0321
Key dates for Speakers
30 May 2022: Open "Call for Papers"
30 June 2022: Deadline for Speaker Submissions (extended to 7 July 2022)
18 - 30 July 2022: Successful speakers are notified
22 August 2022: Speaker deadline to register online as a delegate
05 August 2022: Final date for submission of PowerPoint presentations to EAPA-SA
6-9 September 2022: EAPA-SA Eduweek 2022