EAPA-SA IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Tinyiko Godfrey Chabalala
Tinyiko has been elected Board member since 2007 and served in various portfolio like Governance, Standards and Ethics, Vice- President of EAPA-SA and currently The President of the Association. He has been instrumental in the development and revision of EAPA-SA Standards, Constitution, By-Laws and Ethics. He has been awarded Board member of the year 2010 for his outstanding contribution during his tenure.
Tinyiko has completed his Masters in Social Science specialising in EAP with the University of Pretoria in 2004, and his BA. (Hons) in Psychology with University of Johannesburg, then Vista University.
He has 12 years working experience in the field of Wellness within the Public Sector. He also serves as a consultant in the private sector, specialising on organisations team building and developments. In his career he has achieved several awards in the Limpopo Provincial Administration for the outstanding work in the implementation of in-house Wellness Model during the following consecutive years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. As a manager for Employee Health and Wellness Programme in the Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism- Limpopo Province he has done a tremendous work in the implementation of the Wellness services such as counselling, Trauma debriefing, physical wellness, massage therapy, spiritual wellness and work/life balance.
He enjoys group camping, gym and watching soccer games and my passion is on politics to influence the development of communities.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to the board for continuity and smooth transition of the new board
- Maintain and establish new partnerships and collaborations with stakeholders – to engage and negotiate with commercial stakeholders for benefits to our members
- Facilitate the institutional memory of the association by facilitating projects to safe guard the Association’s history
- Provide training to portfolio holders to effectively and efficiently discharge their responsibilities
- Provide coaching and mentorship to the board
- Safe guard the history of the Association
- Provide training and development to portfolio holders
Phone: 082 330 3957