Jimmy John Lenong
Short Curriculum (educational background and work experience)
- B Soc. Sc. Hons (Psychology) [UNIWEST],
- B Soc. Sc. (Social Work) [UNIBO],
- B Tech Project Management [CUT)
- Management Development Program (MDP) (UFS)
- Certificate in Labour Law (UFS)
- Certificate in HR in Higher Education (UP)
- 1996-2001 – Social Worker at the Free State Department of Social Development
- 2001-2003 – Social Worker at the G4S Private Prison
- 2003-2007 – Senior HR Practitioner EAP & Wellness at the Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT)
- 2007-date – Deputy Director Employee Health and Wellness at the Department of Correctional Services
My involvement in EAP field
- My involvement in the EAP field started in 2001 when my then employer drafted me into a task team that initiated & crafted the Employee Wellness Service for the employees of G4S Private Prison, which was not in existence then.
- In 2003 I was employed to start the EAP component from scratch for the Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT)
- The same happened when the Department of Correctional Services employed me as a Deputy Director to initiate, coordinate and manage the employee health and wellness services for the Free State and Northern Cape Region.
- On the extra-curricula level, I am a founder member of the EAPASA Free State Chapter and one of the two longest serving committee members who has been serving in different capacities from 2008 to date.
- Have presided over the EAPA Free State Chapter as the Chairperson for just over two years (2015 to 2018), a period during which the chapter won Chapter of the Year twice.
Why I am serving in the EAPA-SA Board?
- When approached to serve in the Board, I availed myself with a mission to see to finish key projects that were initiated in our tenure, namely; getting EAPASA to attain statutory status, expanded designations for EAPs, improved relationship between EAPASA and DPSA, getting EAPASA to issue CPD points and accredit CPD points providers, improved membership benefits, etc,
- I believe in servant leadership, when requested to/trusted with serving for a greater good, I always step forward to serve.
- Marketing of EAPA and EAPA events
- PR initiatives
- To cement the EAPA-SA as the leading industry authority in South Africa
- To increase membership of the EAPA-SA
- To increase awareness and reach of the EAPA-SA annual conference
- To increase attendance for the EAPA_SA annual conference
- To identify and describe key marketing themes that will drive membership behaviour and meet strategy objectives
- To identify key customer groups and target segmentation
- To make use of international best practices and apply learnings
- To improve efficiency of marketing of the EAPA-SA annual conference
Phone: 082 885 9169
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org