Mr Gumede is employed as a Provincial Employee Health and Wellness Director in the Office of the Premier, KwaZulu-Natal. He coordinates the Employee Health and Wellness Programme designed to assist all employees in the employ of the Provincial Government of KwaZulu-Natal. In his 29 years of experience in the Public Service, Mr Gumede served in various positions, as an administration clerk in the KZN Department of Finance, moved to KZN Economic Affairs as a Community Liaison Officer and promoted to Geographer post before joining the Office of the Premier as Deputy Director: Strategic Planning and Coordination and promoted to Director: HIV and AIDS and later moved to the current post of Director: Provincial Employee Health and Wellness.
His academic qualifications include
- B. Admin (Public Administration, Economics and Industrial Psychology) – University of Durban Westville
- BA (Hons) Social Demography – University of Pretoria
- International Certificate in Policy Formulation – Clingendael Institute, Netherlands
- Post Graduate in Executive Leadership – University of North West.
Mr Gumede understands the need to provide a solid foundation for Employee Assistance Practitioners (EAPs) to render effective and professional support in the workplace for the benefit of all stakeholders – employer, employees, service providers and key partners.
He has been active in the field of Employee Assistance since 2001. He has served the Employee Assistance Professionals Association of South Africa (EAPA-SA) in the capacity as the Chairperson of KwaZulu-Natal Chapter from 2014 to 2018. He believes in good governance and professionalism. He has been an administrator in the government environment for the past two decades. He has vast experience in coordinating multi-facet projects. His contribution to the Association has been recognised when he was appointed to serve on the new EAPA-SA Board. He has been entrusted to lead the Finance Portfolio. He is expected to drive strategies of ensuring financial sustainability of the programmes and projects of EAPA-SA coupled with efficiency and effectiveness.
He utilises some of his time to serve the almighty God in the capacity as Reverend in the Church. He is a family man, married and blessed with children.
FINANCE STRATEGY – SMART WAY # “member development and member growth”
- Adopt an income generating consciousness in all four pillars
• Ops plan, 4 chapter events per annum each with a sponsor
• Quantify and standardize the cost per event
• Stakeholder Portfolio to negotiate with sponsors at National level and chapter chairpersons at chapter level
• One Standard way to incentive the chapter committee e.g Airtime for the 4 events
• Chapters to identify meeting venue for the year
• One board funded event for chapter – 2018 book launch
• Identify the biggest cost drivers and find smart way solution for money to channelled to member development and growth activities
• Identify cost savers and embed a smart way solution viz. technology usage through business processes e.g. SACCSP comms letter, events, skype for meetings for board members who cannot be on all the 2 days
• Financial Training for board- they are also members
• Reduces costs
• Improves planning and efficiency
• Simplifies reporting and enables Monitoring Evaluation
• Addresses a simpler way of running the association with volunteering resources
• Assists with the committee member sustainability
• Improves Member retention
• More revenue to implement business process
• Simplifies financial management
Phone: 082 450 7708